Filing a Claim
Insurance exists to protect you from the financial burden that comes with many types of loss. If you are presently experiencing a loss, the following SouthGroup location guide will direct you towards prompt response and assist you in beginning the claims process:
To report a claim please contact the SouthGroup location which services your account
If it is after business hours & your claim needs immediate attention please call the company whose policy you own at the appropriate number listed below. Please try to have your policy number handy before calling these “company direct” service numbers. Upon completing this call, we request you also call us at the suitable number listed above to inform us of your claim as well.
Bay Saint Louis – 228-466-4498
Biloxi – 228-385-1177
Clarksdale – 662-624-6571
Cleveland – 662-843-2747
Clinton – 601-925-2200
Collins – 601-765-4466
Columbia – 601-736-4537
DeSoto (Southaven) – 662-349-2021
Greenville – 662-378-5200
Greenwood – 662-453-5631
Greenwood – 662-453-7441
Hattiesburg – 601-545-1643
Laurel – 601-649-4062
Magee – 601-849-4310
Port Gibson – 601-437-8826
Richton – 601-788-6733
Ridgeland – 601-914-3220
Sumner – 662-375-8047
Yazoo City – 662-746-2651
The following information will guide you directly to the insurer for prompt after hours service:
Toll Free Claims Number: 800-274-7865
CNA Insurance Company
Toll Free Claims Number: 877-262-2727
Toll Free Claims Number: 800-226-3224
Foremost Insurance Company
Toll Free Claims Number: 800-527-3907
Guide One Insurance Company
Toll Free Claims Number: 888-748-4326
Hartford Insurance Company
Toll Free Claims Number: 800-327-3636
Hartford Steam Boiler Insurance Company
Toll Free Claims Number: 888-472-5677
Kemper Insurance Company
Toll Free Claims Number: 866-860-9348
Toll Free Claims Number: 800-225-2467
Metropolitan/MetLife Insurance Company
Toll Free Claims Number: 800-854-6011
Toll Free Claims Number: 800-776-4737
SAFECO Insurance Company
Toll Free Claims Number: 800-332-3226
Toll Free Claims Number: 877-348-0552
Toll Free Claims Number: 800-252-4633
Toll Free Claims Number: 800-444-0049
Toll Free Claims Number: 800-987-3373
State Auto Mutual Insurance Company
Toll Free Claims Number Glass Only:
Toll Free Claims Number 24/7 All Other:
- Our job is to help you, but you can also help us to help you. The more you can tell us about a loss, the more we can do to assist with getting your claim adjusted quickly and efficiently.
- If you are in an automobile accident, first seek medical attention for anyone who has been injured. Then you can begin gathering information to help with your claim.
- Keep in mind that you are the best person to tell us what happened. So be prepared to provide as many details as possible about the accident, where it happened and how it occurred. This information can be critical in settling a claim.
When it comes to your home, any loss can be devastating. By working together, we can help make your recovery from a loss a lot less painful.
Property Damage Or Theft
- Begin by making a list of everything that has been damaged or lost in the claim. The more information you can provide, the more quickly we can assist with having your claim adjusted.
- List as much detail as possible including the model, place and date of purchase, and amount of all your damaged or stolen property.
- Receipts, owner’s manuals, canceled checks and credit card bills are especially helpful.
Fire And Smoke Damage
You can take other steps to minimize the impact of a loss at home:
- In case of fire and smoke damage promptly report your loss.
- Do not try to clean the damaged items as sometimes cleaning things without the proper equipment can do more harm than good.
- We can advise you how to best protect your property and review what is covered.
If your home has suffered water damage:
- Move all your possessions out of the affected areas and then make sure that all the water is removed.
- A wetvac or emergency cleaning service can help with this job.
- If you use a cleaning service, save your receipts. In the case of either fire or water damage, help protect the safety of your family and pets by keeping them out of the damaged areas.
If Your Home Is Uninhabitable:
- If your home is uninhabitable and you must stay elsewhere, keep the receipts for all your expenses.
- Your homeowners policy will pay for the covered expenses that exceed your normal, day-to-day living costs.
- Receipts are helpful in determining how much you should be reimbursed.
- It is also important that you provide us with a telephone number where we can reach you or a family member.
Another loss that is covered by homeowners insurance is a liability claim.
- Liability claims occur when one person feels that he or she has sustained an injury because of someone else’s negligence.
- If you think you or a family member may have caused an injury to someone, or if someone is claiming that you have, please report the claim to our office immediately.
- As with any other kind of incident, the more information you can provide to us, the better we can serve you. If someone is injured on your property, begin by making sure the person receives immediate medical attention.
- Then collect full names, addresses and phone numbers for all parties involved.
- Finally, gather as much information as you can about how the injury occurred and be prepared to provide your adjuster with as clear an account of the incident as possible.